Friday, November 19, 2010
Electric Gutters in Rathfarnham
We came across a strange thing today.. an electrified gutter, We were fitting black soffit fascia and gutters to a house in rathfarnham dublin and were asked by a neighbour to repair his gutter, when doing the repair one of the lads put his hand in the gutter and got an electric shock that nearly knocked him off the ladder.
the gutter and the water in it was live! what had happened was one of the electric cables going into one of the houses on the block must have connected to the metal gutters or downpipes and made the whole lot live, It's very dangerous and could cause a fire in the future if it's not fixed.
We told the owner if he smells fried chicken to check his gutters for dead birds.
Seriously it's a job for the esb.